January 16, 2019

Welcome to 'Milso Minute': Get to Know Me!

Welcome to 'Milso Minute': Get to Know Me!

Hello and welcome to my blog! Starting a blog has been something I've wanted to do for a long time, but never found the time or courage to do so. With the new year and the support of my fellow military spouses, I took the leap!

My name is Rachel and I am a proud Army wife! My husband, Ben, and I have been together since the beginning of his military career back in 2013. He has served active duty for the past 5.5 years and is currently serving overseas on his third deployment. We are stationed at Fort Hood, Texas which is where you can find me! Originally from New Hampshire, this duty station has been like living on a whole new planet for us. Although deployments and training rotations have kept Ben away from Texas the majority of our time here, I personally am loving the Texas weather and am not missing the snowy winter season of New England at all!!




We currently live off post with our two rescue dogs. Mollie (the black dog) is 4 1/2 years old and was adopted from Mississippi and Aspen (the brindle dog) is 2 years old and was adopted from Waco, Texas.

I work full-time as a Radiologic Technologist at a local clinic and part-time as a health and wellness coach. Although these two jobs seem drastically different, they are actually quite similar! Both positions allow me the opportunity to meet and interact with new people from all over the world and the privilege of helping them - whether that be in providing diagnostic imaging to support a diagnosis/treatment plan or by helping them find balance in their daily lives!

If you don't follow me already, I hope to you see you on my Instagram page. It is from my Instagram followers that the idea of starting this blog came to life. Social media has allowed me to build relationships with military spouses from all over the world! This year, my followers requested I share more of our family's experiences with military life and so 'Milso Minute' was born! I am not an expert, by any means, but look forward to sharing my personal experiences and the knowledge I have gained so far to other women who may be new to military life or who need some inspiration!

- xoxo -

Surviving Seasons of Seperation

"Don't let your coping mechanism become your comfort zone." For the past six years I've been holding onto the beli...